Overnight Buns with Beetroot
12 pretty pink buns
For the princess in ALL of us, these pretty pink beetroot buns will definitely make your lunch table more interesting. BEWARE that you’ll need to prep these buns the night before, that’s when the word “overnight buns” all of a sudden starts to make sense.
This recipe has been developed by Camille Maja, who is a food & lifestyle blogger with a big appetite for life. She is an educated dietician and personal trainer, and doesn’t see any ingredient as “forbidden”. For her, there’s room for everything, in a balanced lifestyle, and experimenting with food is something that she love and breathes for. You can follow her on her blog & Instagram.
BREAKFAST / LUNCH - 12 BUNS - 1 DAY - MEDIUM
- 15 g yeast
- 2.5 dl water (lukewarm)
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 60 g oats
- 1 dl natural yoghurt
- 150 g grated beetroot
- 85 g whole wheat flour
- 250 g wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
How to make it
The night before
- Mix water with yeast in a bowl
- Add seeds, oats, yoghurt, beetroot and mix it all up
- Add your flower and mix it nicely. Then add salt — The dough should be sticky and thick
- Cover your bowl with dough and put in the fridge for the next morning
The next morning
- Turn your oven on 200 degrees (hot air/varmeluft), and make your buns. Here I usually have a bowl with cold water in, for my hands, so I wont get all the sticky dough on my hands. Note: one bun should be a small handful
- Place them on a tray and let them raise for 20–30 minutes.
- Add some pumpkin seeds if you want on top, and give them 15 minutes in the oven
Recipe by Camille Maja
Want to make delicious recipes like this at home?
All of our recipes are created with inspiration from our Eat Grim-boxes. If you are interested in starting your own subscription, and getting fruit & veg delivered straight to your door, then see our different boxes below.