With apple and breadcrumbs
Heart-warming soups are the cure-all and so here's a simple, fast and easy recipe to work on your cooking game. Who ever thought celery, apple and breadcrumbs could work so wonderfully together?
LUNCH OR DINNER - 4 SERVINGS - 40 MIN - EASY
For the soup
- 2 small celeriacs
- 5 small potatoes
- 2 fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6–8 dL water
- 1 vegetable-bouillon cube
- 2 dL of cream (optional)
- 2 tbsp of oil for frying
For the topping
- Rye bread
- Apple or pear cubes
- Rosemary or thyme
- Lemon juice and zest
Here’s how to make the soup:
- Start by peeling the celeriacs and potatoes and chop them into small cubes.
- Chop onion and garlic and slowly fry in a soup pot until they soften and get a ‘’glassy’’ look. Now add the celeriacs and potatoes to the pot and slowly start adding around 6 dl of water. Better to start with less water as you can always add more in the end. Add a cube of vegetable-bouillon and bring the water to a boil.
- Chop a fresh apple or pear into small bites and mix with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest and and finely-chopped rosemary or thyme. Set aside.
- Use a few slices of rye bread or any other bread, cut it into smaller bites and toast it on a pan with a little splash of oil. When they are crispy and ready, give it one or two spoons of soy sauce to add umami. Finish with salt and pepper.
- After the soup has been boiling for 20–30 minutes, blend it with a hand-blender — if needed, add more water. Finally, finish with 1–2 dl of vegan or regular cream, which will make the soup smooth and tasty.
- Top with apples or pears and toasted rye bread crumbs.
Recipe by Oliver Blomqvist
Want to make delicious recipes like this at home?
All of our recipes are created with inspiration from our Eat Grim-boxes. If you are interested in starting your own subscription, and getting fruit & veg delivered straight to your door, then see our different boxes below.