Baked Baby Corn Lollipop
Very simple — ready in 40 minutes side or starter
Hmmm, baby corn! A bit more tender and sweeter than “grown-up” corn, baby corn looks hot on a stick and totally gets your dinner or BBQ guests excited to nibble on that deliciously beautiful lil’ baby corn. Uh yeah!
What you’ll need for that lollipop
- Baby corn (!!!)
- Sriracha sauce (again and again — the BEST)
- Flaky sea salt (buy Maldon)
- Wooden sticks
For the marinade
- Sesame oil
- Paprika powder
- Curry powder
And here’s how to bake that cuties:
- Pre-heat oven on 200 degrees. Bring a big pot of water to boil and add salt.
- Peel baby corns and cut off the ends. Make a hole in each end where you can later insert the stick.
- Pre-cook baby corns in water for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the marinade by mixing together all the ingredients. Taste to refine.
- When pre-cooked and cooled down a bit, insert stick into baby corns and rub them with marinade.
- Bake baby corns in the oven for about 30 minutes. Remember to turn them around after 15 minutes, so they get evenly baked on all sides.
- When done, serve with some sriracha sauce and sprinkle with sea salt. If you’re really nasty, then you’ll add a big chunk of butter to your baby corn, so it gets all juicy and nice.
Want to make delicious recipes like this at home?
All of our recipes are created with inspiration from our Eat Grim-boxes. If you are interested in starting your own subscription, and getting fruit & veg delivered straight to your door, then see our different boxes below.