Simple — ready in 30 minutes — main
Roasted pumpkins? Sure. Pumpkin soup? Heard of it. But have you ever tried to use your pumpkins as a pasta sauce? Nope? You should!
- Pumpkins (Hokkaido or Crown Prince is good)
- Vegetable broth
- Roasted pumpkin seeds (for topping)
- Herbs (for topping)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Pasta (of course)
Here’s how to make the pasta
- Pre-heat oven on 200 degrees. Cut pumpkin and onions into similar big pieces and keep the pumpkin seeds aside. Put veggies on a baking tray, sprinkle with salt, pepper and some olive oil and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Roast pumpkin seeds according to instructions.
- Make about 0,5 litres of vegetable broth.
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- In a bowl, blend together roasted veggies with broth until the sauce is smooth. Taste to season with salt and pepper.
- With a vegetable peeler, slice thin, long stripes of carrot.
- Mix together pasta with pumpkin sauce and carrots. Plate and top with fresh herbs and roasted pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle with salt, pepper (if needed), and drizzle a splash of olive oil and vinegar on top.