Roasted Parsnip Salad
This salad is nice and filling, either as a side dish or a main course, and it is for all those veg-eaters and everyone else. If you don’t already love the sweet taste of parsnip, we bet this recipe will convince you!
The recipe serves 2–3 people, and takes around 40 minutes to prepare.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g Parsnips
- 70 g Brown or black lentils
- 1–2 Leeks
- 30 g Basil with both leaves and stems
- 25 g Pine nuts or any other kind of nuts/seeds
- 35 g Olive oil
- 8 g Lemon juice
- 5 g Nutritional yeast (optional — you can add parmesan if you like)
- 2–3 g Salt
How to do it
- Start by peeling parsnip and thinly slice lengthwise, so they look like ‘’fries’’. Mix with 1 tbsp of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and bake at 200 degrees C. They are ready when they turn brown on the edges and are soft and tender. This might take 25–35 minutes.
- While the parsnips are in the oven cook your lentils according to the instruction on the package.
- Blend the ingredients for the pesto either with a hand blender or in a mortel. Set the pesto aside.
- Clean the leeks and cut them on the middle lengthwise. Either grill them on a pan at high heat or do it in the oven with the parsnips. Give it a little oil and salt to help getting a nice caramelized surface. They have to be cooked until they are very tender and sweet.
- Mix the parsnips and lentils, sprinkle some pesto on it, and put the grilled leeks on top. Can be served with any kind of roasted nuts or seeds and fresh fruits such as apples. Any kinds of pickled vegetables will also be good for this dish.
Vil du lave flere lækre opskrifter derhjemme?
Alle vores opskrifter er skabt med inspiration fra vores Eat Grim-kasser. Hvis du er interesseret i at starte dit eget abonnement, og få frugt & grønt leveret lige til døren, så udforsk vores forskellige kasser nedenfor.