Raw Anchovi-Squash Bites
Very simple — ready in 10 minutes — starter or side
What you’ll need
- 1 big squash
- Anchovies in oil
- Lemon juice & zest
- Fresh mint and/ or bronze fennel
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Parmesan stripes
- Salt & pepper
How to make the bites:
- Thinly slice the squash into round pieces. Finely chop mint & bronze fennel. Cut off thin stripes of parmesan.
- Crush anchovies and make a paste out of it by whisking.
- Add a small spoon full of anchovi paste on each round slice of squash and place on a plate.
- Sprinkle with mint and/or bronze fennel, lemon zest, chili flakes, parmesan, salt & pepper and add a splash of honey & lemon juice.
And if you fancy that Gin & Tonic…
Then go ahead, mix your Gin & Tonic how you like it and add a slice of cucumber, a few leaves of bronze fennel and a dash of freshly ground black pepper.
DRINK & EAT UP, MATE!