With Tomatoes and Zucchini
MAIN - 2-3 SERVINGS - 60 MIN - EASY
Here’s what you need to make the ratatouille:
- 500 g tomato
- 2 zucchini
- 1–2 white or yellow onion
- Flower sprouts or some other kale
- Tomato sauce (optional)
- Fresh thyme
- Fennel seeds
- Olive oil
- Balsamico vinegar
- Bread or rice for serving
Here’s how to make it:
- Start by cutting zucchini, tomatoes and onions into small rings. Find a bowl, where you can mix zucchinis with a few pinches of salt. This will help removing some water from the zucchini and the result will make them more tender.
- In a baking pan, start layering slices of zucchini, then slices of tomato and then onion. Keep doing this until you have filled up the baking pan or are running out of the ingredients.
- Drizzle with a good amount of extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and fennel seeds. Add tomato sauce to it as well if you want to have it more juicy.
- Bake for 45–60 minutes at 200°C. Its ready when the veggies are lightly burned and tender.
- While baking your ratatouille, roast some flower sprouts or other type of kale on a very hot pan with at splash of olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve the ratatouille with flower sprouts on top, drizzle with balsamico vinegar and bread or rice on the side.
Recipe and pic by Oliver Blomqvist