Tasty, cheesy and crunchyAs usual on this blog, here’s a twist on a worldwide loved recipe — the risotto - beets never tasted so good!
MAIN - 2 SERVINGS - 20-30 MIN - MEDIUM
Here’s what you need for the risotto:
- 200g Arborio rice
- 50 ml White wine
- 0,6 L Vegetable stock (click the link to learn how to make your own veggie stock)
- 200g beetroot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1–2 garlic cloves
- 1–2 Shallots
- 10g nutritional yeast/parmesan cheese
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 Apple thinly sliced
- 30 g Roasted Buckwheat
- Start by bringing the vegetable stock to a boil and keep it hot.
- Finely chop shallots and garlic and grate the beetroots.
- Heat the oil in a pan at medium heat and add garlic, shallots and beetroot. Sauté until it’s soft. Add rice, cooking and stirring for a minute or two.
- Pour in the white wine. Keep stirring until most of the alcohol from the wine has evaporated.
- Slowly add about 1 dl of vegetable stock and keep stirring. Keep adding more stock when the rice has soaked all of it. The rice should have some bite but still be soft and creamy. This should take 15–25 minutes.
- While you’re cooking the risotto, start toasting the buckwheat on a dry pan. It's done when the buckwheat gets a light brown/toasted surface.
- Stir in nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Serve the risotto with fresh apples, mint and toasted buckwheat.